O5-A1.4: OpenVM Credentials
Milestone 4 updated; document issued in November 2019:
In this report we present an update of milestone 4 related to the implementation and user-testing of Open Credentials in the OpenVM Learning Hub.
This publication is a follow-up to milestone 4. The workflow in O5-A1 includes the following milestones:
- Milestone 1: O5-A1.1: Definition of the design process and tools (February 2018)
- Milestone 2: O5-A1.2: Design workshops with VM experts (May 2018)
- Milestone 3: O5-A1.3: Set of open credentials to recognise VM skills (September 2018)
- Milestone 4: O5-A1.4: Implementation in the VM Learning Hub and User-Testing (January 2019)
- Milestone 4: O5-A1.5: Final concept and report (August 2020)
The results related to the implementation and user-testing of Open Credentials presented in this report span the time period from March to November 2019 andare related to the three categories of OpenVM credentials:
- Competence Badges used in OpenVM MOOCs
- Contributor Badges used to recognise contributions to the project
- Blockcerts used to provide high-level encrypted Competence Badges
This report is a follow-up to milestone 4 which was published in March 2019 (Quality Gate 2) and includes more comprehensive results of implementation and user-testing of Open Credentials in the Open Virtual Mobility Learning Hub.
The evaluation results with a sample of n = 339 OpenVM Learning Hub users/learners and user/learner statistics presented in the report indicate positive user experience related to OpenVM Credentials as well as positive impact of OpenVM Credentials on motivation to learn and to complete a MOOC level as well as positive effects on various aspects self-regulated learning (SRL) including self-motivation and self-observation.Download the full document (20 pages, PDF)